Friday, December 3, 2010

Tim Allen is St. Nick

The Santa Clause is a must watch every holiday season for me.  Besides the Home Alone movies, it’s the oldest modern-day Christmas movie I remember always watching.  Being also a fan of Home Improvements, I’m fond of Tim Allen’s dry but emphasized sense of humor.  Oddly enough now that I’m older, I have to admit I do find him quite cute.  He’s quite a guy’s guy, or a dude’s dude, or whatever you would call that age group.  Turn off is that he also reminds me of my dad, so eww to that.  There is so much magic, charm, and humor to this movie that it almost masks the annoyances of the characters.  Charlie evolves from a poudy quiet boy in the beginning to an irritatingly whiny selfish boy by the end.  Neil is a the typical no-it-all psychiatrist, Laura is the too sensible no-it-all ex-wife, and Bernard is the taller bossy no-it-all elf.  The worst part of them all is their terrible hair.  Though, I haven’t seen them but I heard that Charlie grew into quite the cutey in the sequels.  His headshot anyways is very attractive.  For some reason I was always very partial to Judy the elf.  Maybe because she’s the hottie-tottie.  Shrug.  The Santa Clause is a very creative and entertaining movie, which is sad because for some reason Disney can’t produce as high of quality Christmas movies nowadays as they did a decade ago.  Of course Tim Allen’s comedic talent is what really made it shine; too bad he hasn’t done another decent movie since. 

For more info on this movie, click on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment