Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Christmas Story: the movie

Now A Christmas Story is a holiday classic for sure!  I make sure to watch it every Christmas.  After all, TBS does a “24 Hours of A Christmas Story” every year, which is greatly appreciated, and not so surprising in its popularity with many of the most memorable moments in holiday movie history, such as the frozen tongue to the flagpole, the “Oh fudge” mishap, the sexy leg lamp, and the pink bunny pajamas.  That, in through the "older" Ralphie's narrative, the movie really captures the feelings and views of an child during Christmas.  Even not being able to connect to the movie’s time period directly, I still find humor in the characters’ environment though of course I expect people who were around during 40’s and 50’s to have a nostalgic connection.  I realize how foolish I was when I was younger because I always had wondered why the quality of the film was far better than most other older movies until I realized that though the film took place in the 40’s, it was not filmed then.  What a simpleton.  Or we can consider it adorably clueless.
A Christmas Story is a holiday hall-of-famer and I can’t wait for another year to go by so to see it again.

For more info on this movie, click on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment