Saturday, December 25, 2010

"A Christmas Carol" Parody #2: Bill Murray

Scrooged didn’t leave a great impression on me.  Today was the first and most likely last time watching it.  The plot is pretty typical, just an updated “modern” version of A Christmas Carol taking place in NYC during the 80’s and Scrooge being replaced by a mean career-oriented tv executive.  The twist in the story was creative enough I guess, except there wasn’t a flow to the story.  The scenes were changing left and right and didn’t connect well.  Also in the end I didn’t love any of the characters.  None of them were really likeable.  And I found the humor so over the top that it didn’t translate to funniness but to irritation or confusion.  I’m also picky about Bill Murray; he’s a big hit or miss for me.  Let’s just say I could live with not seeing this movie ever again.

For more info on this movie, click on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment